Unless otherwise stated in the Regulations, the following terms shall have the following meaning:
Regulations – means these Regulations for using (e.g. subscribing to and/or reading) the Warsaw Insider – ‘This week in Warsaw’ Website Newsletter.
User – means a natural or legal person or organization without legal personality, using the Newsletter on the basis of the Regulations. A natural person under the age of majority may be a User if he or she obtains the consent of a statutory representative or legal guardian should he or she have limited legal capacity or is represented by a legal representative or legal guardian if he or she lacks legal capacity.
Service Provider / Valkea – means Valkea Media SA [Joint Stock Company] with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Ficowskiego 15, entered in the Register of Entrepreneurs maintained by the District Court for the Capital City of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Department of the National Court Register under number KRS 0000291933, REGON 016319485, NIP: 525-21-77-350.
Website or Warsaw Insider – means the website operated by Valkea at the Internet address: www.warsawinsider.pl. The website address may be subject to change.
Newsletter – means information in the form of an electronic communication sent to the User’s address provided to Valkea, regarding the subject of the Website, including informational content about new articles, product recommendations, and Website inspirations. The Newsletter may also contain promotional content, e.g. promotion of contests and other events, services and products on the Website, advertising content related to the Website or advertisements from our Partners.
Newsletter subscription rules
- The Newsletter subscription service is free of charge and available to every Website User after activating the service, in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations below.
- Ordering receipt of the Newsletter (subscription) shall consist of entering the User’s email address in the Newsletter order form provided by Valkea on the aktivist.pl website (and clicking the “subscribe to newsletter” button) and then activating the link received via email (activation link) sent automatically to the e-mail address provided by the User to verify the correctness of the subscription request.
- A user must have an active e-mail account in order to subscribe to the Newsletter.
- By subscribing to the Newsletter, the User accepts the Valkea Regulations and Privacy and Cookies Policy.
- The Service Provider represents that while using the Newsletter service, short text information called “cookies” shall be saved on the User’s computer (hereinafter: “cookies”) or other technologies (e.g. local storage) are used. The installation of cookies is necessary for proper service delivery. Detailed information is provided in the PRIVACY AND COOKIES POLICY. Failure to confirm Newsletter subscription by activation of service in accordance with point 2.2. above, shall result in the deletion of data entered in the database within 24 hours from the time of registration.
- Newsletters shall be sent out in a frequency determined by the Service Provider.
- The Newsletter subscription agreement specified in the Regulations is concluded between Valkea and the User for an indefinite period, beginning at the time of Newsletter subscription activation (clicking on the activation link).
Newsletter subscription rules
- The User shall have the right to withdraw from the agreement within 14 days of Newsletter subscription by informing Valkea of such request by email sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org. or hard-copy letter posted to Valkea’s address indicated in the definitions of these Regulations.
- The User may unsubscribe from the Newsletter any time by using the deactivation link contained in the Newsletter. Valkea shall then immediately remove User from the subscriber list.
- User’s request for Valkea to cease and desist processing personal data shall result in the deletion of such data (i.e. email address) from the Newsletter subscriber list, which shall be tantamount to unsubscribing.
- Valkea is the administrator of the User’s personal data.
- Rights of the User – subject of the data: Providing data is voluntary and the party providing the data shall have the right to access the data, the right to correct the data, the right to limit processing thereof, the right to delete the data (the right to be forgotten), object to its processing, as well as the right to lodge a complaint to the supervisory body for the protection of personal data (President of the UODO). To the extent that the above data is processed based on User’s consent, the User shall also have the right to transfer the data.
- The legitimate interest of the Administrator: The data provided in the Newsletter registration form (Newsletter Warsaw Insider) or during editing thereof may be processed for marketing purposes (including necessary analytics, compilation into marketing profiles) of the Administrator or at the request of advertisers, which you may object to.
- Marketing of our Partners: If you have given your voluntary marketing consent above by subscribing to the Warsaw Insider Newsletter, your personal data from the registration or editing data form in the newsletter will be used to present you with advertisements of products and services from our Partners tailored to your interests.
- Complaints about the service should be sent via e-mail to email@example.com. Answers to complaints shall be provided within 14 days from the date of receipt of the complaint, by e-mail to the address from which the complaint was received, subject to a longer period of another 14 days in justifiably complex cases.
- The content of the Newsletter is subject to legal protection, in particular the protection of the provisions of the Act of 4 February 1994 on Copyright and Related Rights (i.e. from 2006, No. 90, item 631, as amended) and the provisions of the Act of 30 June 2000, Industrial Property Law (i.e. Dz.U. [Journal of Laws] from 2003, No. 119, item 1117, as amended). Users shall not be entitled to use the content of the Newsletter for any purpose other than reviewing such.
- Incorrect e-mail addresses shall be removed from the list of Newsletter subscribers immediately after such is discovered.
- The Service Provider may, for an important reason, stop providing the service, after providing prior notice to Users via email.
Applicability and Amendment of Regulations
- These Regulations shall become applicable upon their publication on the Warsaw Insider Website.
- To the extent allowed by applicable law these Regulations may be amended in the event of significant technical or substantive requirements of the Service’s functioning, including, in particular, in the event of relevant changes in applicable law. Amendments to the Regulations shall be available on the Warsaw Insider Website at http://aktivist.pl. If the User does not accept the amended Regulations, the User should immediately notify Valkea by email of the decision to withdraw from the Subscription.
- Provisions of Polish law shall apply in matters not covered by these Regulations.