Regulations for the “Warsaw Insider Newsletter” competition (hereinafter referred to as “the Competition”)
§ 1. Organiser and duration of the Competition
1. The organiser of the Competition is Valkea Media S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Elbląska 15/17, 01-747 Warsaw, entered in the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, as KRS number 0000291933, with the tax identification number (NIP) 525-21-77-350 and share capital of 2,414,406.00 PLN (hereinafter referred to as “the Organiser”).
2.The Competition lasts two days, from 6th October, 2015, until 12:00 Polish time on 8th October, 2015.
3. The Competition will be held in accordance with these regulations (hereinafter “the Regulations”).
4. Members of the public taking part in the competition, and satisfying the conditions for taking part in the competition, shall hereinafter be referred to as “the Participants”.
§ 2. Conditions for participation in the Competition
1. Only adults can be Participants in the Competition.
2. The Organiser’s employees, members of their families, and subcontractors performing activities or services connected with the Competition for the Organiser, are not permitted to take part in the Competition.
3. Family members are understood as ascendants, descendants, siblings and spouses, parents of spouses and adopted children.
§ 3. Criteria for participation in the Competition
1. To take part in the Competition, the following steps need to be taken (combined):
a) The Participant must subscribe to the Newsletter on the Warsaw Insider webpage (https://warsawinsider.pl/newsletter) between 6th-8th October, 2015. Subscription to the Newsletter means providing your email address and name using the form provided.
b) Participation in the Competition means the Participant expresses consent to the processing of their personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection act of 29th August, 1997 (Journal of Laws from 2002, No. 101, item 926, with subsequent amendments), by the Competition Organiser, Valkea Media S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw, ul. Elbląska 15/17, 01-747 Warsaw, entered in the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, as KRS number 0000291933, with the tax identification number (NIP) 525-21-77-350 and share capital of 2,414,406.00 PLN, and its subcontractors, for the purpose of holding the Competition and awarding and presenting the prizes.
c)An individual user can only subscribe to the Newsletter once.
§ 4. The criteria for choosing the Competition’s winners
1. Five people will be selected from among the Participants, who between 6th -8th October, 2015, were the first to subscribe to the Warsaw Insider Newsletter. These five will receive a voucher worth 100 PLN to be used at the Chmiel Cafe restaurant at ul. Chmielna 27/31 in Warsaw. The next ten subscribers will receive vouchers worth 50 PLN to be used at the Loft restaurant at ul. Złota 11 in Warsaw. The vouchers expire at 24:00 on 31st October, 2015. Prize winners are selected on the basis of the order in which they subscribed to the Organiser’s Newsletter.
2. Fifteen people will be chosen as Competition winners. (hereinafter “Prize Winners”).
3. Each Prize Winner will receive one prize only (a voucher).
4. The Competition’s results will be announced by 12:00 on 10th October, 2015. Prize Winners will be informed by email.
5. A condition for receiving a prize (as defined above) is subscribing to the Newsletter on the Warsaw Insider webpage (https://warsawinsider.pl/newsletter) between 6th –8th October, 2015.
6. The Competition’s Prizes will be sent to Prize Winners by post.
§ 5. Prizes
1. The Competition’s prizes (“Prizes”) are as follows:
a) The first 5 people to subscribe to the Warsaw Insider Newsletter between 6th-8th October, 2015, will receive a voucher worth 100 PLN to be used in the Chmiel Cafe restaurant at ul. Chmielna 27/31 in Warsaw.
b) The next 10 people to subscribe to the Warsaw Insider Newsletter between 6th- -8th October, 2015, will receive a voucher worth 50 PLN to be used at the Loft restaurant at ul. Złota 11 in Warsaw.
1. Only one Prize can be won by a Participant in the Competition.
2. The expiry date of a Voucher is indicated on the Prize.
3. The total value of Prizes in the Competition is 500 PLN.
4. A Participant can waive the right to a Prize, however, the right to a Prize cannot be transferred to a third party nor exchanged for a cash equivalent, nor any other form of compensation.
5. The Organiser does not reserve any specific characteristics for any of the prizes.
6. All unawarded Prizes from the Competition or Prizes, for which participants have forfeited their right on the basis of the provisions of these regulations, will remain the property of the Co-organiser.
7. If the obligation arises in accordance with article 30, paragraph 1, point 2 of the act on personal income tax dated 26th July, 1991 (Journal of Laws from 2000, No. 14, item 176), prior to awarding a Prize, the Organiser will calculate, collect and transfer to the applicable Tax Office, a flat-rate income tax of 10% of the value of the Prize. At the same time, the winner of first place undertakes to leave the prize money with the Organiser for the purpose of forwarding it as payment of the flat-rate tax on the prize, referred to in the preceding sentence.
§ 6. Supervisory Committee
1. The Organiser appoints an internal committee to supervise the proper conduct of the Competition (hereinafter referred to as “the Supervisory Committee”).
2. The Supervision Committee shall consist of representatives of the Organiser.
§ 7. Complaints procedure
1. All Participants in the Competition are entitled to lodge a written complaint by 24th February, 2015. Complaints lodged after this deadline will not be considered. The date of lodging a complaint is deemed to be the date of the postmark on the envelope containing the complaint.
2. Complaints received after the above deadline, or not containing the elements referred to in § 7, point 3, will not be considered.
3. The notification containing the complaint must contain the exact personal data of the person lodging the complaint (the forename, surname, and full address including postcode of the person lodging the complaint) and the reason for the complaint, the content of the complaint request and a description of the circumstances justifying the complaint.
4. Complaints must be made in writing to the following address: Valkea Media S.A., ul. Elbląska 15/17, 01-747 Warsaw.
5. A participant lodging a complaint will be notified of the outcome by the Supervision Committee by registered letter no later than 21 days from the date of receiving the complaint.
6. Decisions regarding complaints are final. The Supervisory Committee will consider complaints from Participants on the basis of these Regulations.
§ 8. Final provisions
1. The Competition’s Regulations are available for inspection at the Organiser’s registered office and on the website: https://warsawinsider.pl/regulations-warsaw-insider-newsletter/
2. The Organiser reserves the right to modify the Competition’s Regulations during the Competition, as long as this does not worsen the conditions for participating in the Competition.
3. The rights and obligations of the Organiser and Participants are stipulated exclusively in the Regulations; any information about the Competition available in advertising material is for information purposes only.
4. All disputes related to the interpretation of the Regulations and the execution of the rights and duties connected with the Competition shall be settled in accordance with the complaint procedure described in § 7 above, and in the absence of a resolution, by a common court.
5. By entering the Competition Participants confirm that they have familiarised themselves with the Regulations, understand their provisions and agree to all the criteria of the Competition contained in the Competition’s Regulations.
6. The Organiser is not responsible for the functioning of the internet used by Participants and users to take part in the Competition, and used by the Organiser to contact Participants.
7. All information, including personal data, provided by Participants is information provided only and exclusively for the Organiser.
8. In connection with their participation in the Competition, Participants agree to the processing of their personal data, i.e. forename, surname, and email address, by the Organiser, as part of and for the purposes of conducting the Competition (in particular for the selection of Prize Winners and awarding and presenting them with the Prizes). The Administrator for a Participant’s personal data is Valkea Media S.A. with its registered office in Warsaw at ul. Elbląska 15/17, 01-747 Warsaw, entered in the register of entrepreneurs of the National Court Register maintained by the District Court for the capital city of Warsaw in Warsaw, XII Commercial Division of the National Court Register, as KRS number 0000291933, with the tax identification number (NIP) 525-21-77-350 and share capital of 2,414,406.00 PLN.
9. The personal data of Participants will be processed by the Administrator in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act of 29th August, 1997 (Journal of Laws from 2002, No. 101, item 926, with subsequent amendments). Participants have the right to access their personal data, and to correct this data and demand its deletion.